A friend’s grandfather came to America from Europe and after being processed at Ellis Island, he went into a cafeteria in New York City to get something to eat. He sat down at an empty table and waited for someone to take his order. Of course, nobody ever did. Finally, a man with a tray full of food sat down opposite him and told him how things worked.
“Start at that end,”he said, änd just go along and pick out what you want. At the other end they’ll tell you how much you have to pay for it.”
“I soon learned that’s how everything works in America,” Grandpa told our friend. “Life is a cafeteria here. You can get anything you want as long as you’re willing to pay the price. You can even get success. But you’ll never get it if you wait for someone to bring it to you. You have to get up and get it yourself.”
- 1,602,263 views
- EZ link card magnetic sticker
- Dinner at Burlington Square
- Jack Reacher in “The Visitor” by Lee Child
- Eye of Heaven – Sherlock Homes reincarnated, Japanese Stieg Larsson and others
- Seng Steam Fish Restaurant in JB – Johor Bahru
- Cheap motorcycle repair in JB – Johor Bahru
- Hill Top Garden @AMK Ave 4
- Will traditional taxi become extinct?
- My taxi broke down at BKE!
- The Zika scourge
- fb.me/1vMEMrj3B -- 1 hour ago
- The problem is that I need to carry an EZ link card if I use public transport. It has to move in and out of my... fb.me/6zhrdGYGv -- 6 hours ago
- EZ link card magnetic sticker gintai.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/ez-… https://t.co/0kfBt2U4NP -- 6 hours ago
- Man found dead at Fajar LRT station was run over by 2 trains in 'tragic' accident fb.me/2YL5czMPg -- 13 hours ago
- fb.me/vAKoyBHy -- 15 hours ago