My husband and I just recovered from dengue. My husband’s symptom is a bit different from mine. Husband’s dengue symptom is high fever, shivering, nausea, rashes, body pain while my symptom is high fever, vomiting, shivering, body pain and bad rashes.
The biggest difference is my platelet(血小板) did not drastically drop but my husband’s platelet drop until 18 and doctor did a platelet transfusion on him.
All advice from friends & family to help increase my husband’s platelet were tried including crab soup and etc but it does not work (maybe not suitable for him) until one day, one of the nurses advise us to drink Kiwi juice.
As both of us were hospitalised, it was difficult for us to get Kiwi fruit juice.
Luckily during dinner time, the hospital serve Kiwi juice for my husband and a slice of kiwi fruit for me.
The next day, my hubby’s platelet increased to 82 and my platelet increase from 150 to 169 and subsequently, the doctor allowed us to be discharged.
Actually, I’m not really well and the next 2 days I did blood test again and my platelet drop again to 141. The doctor was quite surprised and asked me if I still feel weak and wanted me to be admitted again.
My husband bought for me Kiwi juice and forced me to drink and luckily after 2 days, my platelet increased back to 300.
Another fresh story, my husband’s auntie also infected with dengue fever and her platelet drop to 76.
I bought her Kiwi juice and the next day, her platelet increase to 170 and the doctor allowed her to be discharge.
The reason of this email is to share the miracle of the KIWI juice, pls share this email with friends who have being infected with dengue fever, especially kids…
… faith can move mountains.
20/10/2011 - 20/10/2012
- 620,571 views
- 2012 in review
- My speech at S Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS) – NTU
- Are Native Singaporeans the Last of the Mohicans?
- Do we need so many golf courses?
- Why must we pay maid levy?
- My friend Dr Tun Singh …
- 14 Oct 2012: Lunch With Ernst Vogtle at Beng Hiang Restaurant
- NTWU 31st Annual Dinner on 12/10/12 @Orchids Country Club
- No U-Turn Syndrome (NUTS)
- Dr Vai: I’m slightly tilted towards “masochism”
- Fine for spitting or vomiting?
- Amy Cheong: A storm in a teacup?
- Filial Piety the best virtue; Lascivious the worst sin revisited!
- Hello? Where’s mommy?
- My CPF – Who decide? You or me?
- Innovative ideas at TNM train crew station
- Build barriers to obstruct the handicapped?
- From fluorescent lightings to LED lightings in all HDB estates
- I welcome facilities for the elderly at my void deck!
- 我对佛说让我朋友健康快乐！ 佛说：可以，就一天 我说：好！ 佛茫然问道：哪一天？ 我说：在我朋友活着的每一天！ 提早祝您卫塞节快！ <噢！阿弥陀佛！> 愿佛祖保佑你一生一世平安，健康，幸福，为您消灾消难，工作顺利。 -- 18 hours ago
- fb.me/DZVUz8tB -- 18 hours ago
- fb.me/Nb15YYqe -- 18 hours ago
- Intern abused by supervisor offered jobs by 4 other companies fb.me/SVt9YJur -- 18 hours ago
- "DPM Teo should have visited Hong Kong earlier and studied how Hong Kong and other cities tackle population... fb.me/21NzMj7zc -- 19 hours ago